Quickly and easily track, locate and recover wayward RC models with the Marco Polo RC Model Recovery System. Simply attach the compact and lightweight tag transceiver to your RC Model, turn it on, and you're ready to fly!
Should you lose control of your RC Model, just put your Marco Polo hand-held locator into track mode. The locator will immediately search for the tag transceiver, and when it acquires the signal give you real-time direction and distance to your model. Just walk, following the arrow and Marco Polo will lead you right to your model, within inches if necessary. If the tag transceiver is initially out of range you can walk or drive around until you come within range and the locator will then guide you directly to the location of your model.
- Simple to setup and use, single button-push to begin searching for lost RC model with real-time distance and direction feedback
- Works anywhere, totally self-contained, no GPS or cell network required, no monthly service contracts, ideal for remote areas
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery transceiver tag gives you up to 10 days to find your lost model
- Super small, compact tag transceiver easily fits on even small RC models, weighs only .42 oz. (12 g)
- Does not interfere with RC radios – Marco Polo only transmits when you activate search mode from the handheld locator
- Great solution for recovering model rockets as well
Each Marco Polo system supports up to three tag transceivers (system can track one transceiver tag at a time).
- Hand-held locator
- One, two or three transceiver tags (depends on transceiver tag quantity selected when purchasing – choose option below).
- Plug-in charger and cable for locator and transceiver tag recharging. Note: Additional chargers and cables may be purchased separately.
- User reference manual
System Radio Frequency Operational Specs.
- Method – Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) 50 Channels
- Band: ISM 902.5 Mhz. – 906.5 Mhz.
- License Requirements: ISM/unlicensed, operates under FCC Part 15 Section 247
- Modulation: FSK
- Single Frequency Dwell Time: 50 msec. once every 4 mins.
- Transmit Power: 250 mW
- Receiver Sensitivity: -125 dBm
- Communications Coding: Data coding and forward error correction allow the system to operate with a BER as low as 1:10, significantly improving overall system range.
- Line of sight: up to 2 miles typical
- Open terrain, rolling hills with few obstructions: up to .5 – 1 mile
- Dense suburban areas: 2,000 ft. typical
- * Ranges shown are typical under controlled testing. Your results will vary with your actual conditions
- Up to 3 transceiver tags per Locator
- Internal audible alarm
- External siren alarm (optional)
- External auto dialer (optional – requires telco landline)
Locator Physical Specifications
- Height: 6 in. (152 mm)
- Width: 3.5 in. (90 mm)
- Depth: 1.5 in. (44 mm)
- Weight: 7.8 oz. (221 g)
Locator Battery and Charge Capacity
Locator WeatherproofingTag Transceiver Physical Specifications
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery (included)
- 3 days when in continuous tracking mode
- 8 hours in searching mode
- 3 days in monitor mode
- Battery charge life values shown are typical. Your experience may vary with your actual use, battery age and ambient temperature.
Tag Transceiver Battery and Charge Capacity
- Height: 2 in. (64 mm)
- Width: .93 in. (23.62 mm)
- Depth: .5 in. (12.7 mm)
- Weight: .42 oz. (12 g)
Tag Transceiver Weatherproofing
- Rechargeable lithium polymer battery, included (non-user serviceable)
- 10 days idle mode
- 3 days tracking mode
- 30 days monitor mode
- Battery charge life values shown are typical. Your experience may vary with your actual use.